Saturday, January 24, 2009

the love passed us by.

in the dark alley we stood.
the lighter turning on my cigarette
was the only glow we saw.
i shouted drunk off whiskey
i shouted my souls worried thoughts.
afraid of losing a love,
or an illusion of love was torturing my heart.
i tried to flirt with the idea that i was only being silly.
in the back of my mind, though,
it pierced me in the heart,
the knowledge that we didn't belong.

i needed to leave,
and i needed to leave fast.
bid farewell to my vision of our love.
how can we fill this empty canvas--
how can we paint a picture of us
when my paintbrush is the only one moving?

the stars i talked to back in the day
when our future was darker than tonight.
i see it clearly now.
clinging to you,
the idea of you.
i guess this is my cue
to get up and out of here.
leaving this blurry vision
in my head up to fate.
i digress, lighting another cigarette,
putting on hold the fact
that it just isn't you.

I doodled a dream
and slurred it to you in my whiskey speak.
it was a dream only meant for sleep and nothing more.
we were always the sleeping kind anyway.

i felt as though, this love that never glowed
had passed in my sleep.
i woke up still high from my dream.
our love never left these walls.

our past is a starry night,
hey, daytime has to come soon...

in this dark alley we still stand,
full of fog.
i know tomorrow i will wake up
and it will be gone alltogether.
our love that grew dwindled away into the night.

No comments: