Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mass. Street Blues

the midnight sky
is full of stars,
while you were off
contemplating mars...


i left my heart in
Lawrence, KS.
My soul feels unsure
as I watch the stars
fall from the sky.
I wish more than anything
for this feeling of home
to return to me.
This season twirls in my head.
I make snow angels
on the flatland
and blow kisses to the
infinite plain.
I sit here,
twirling my hair
around my fingers
in the grass.
Dreaming about my open heart
in the city filled with wonder.
To join me in this city,
selling your soul
and dreams for two bucks a pop.
To join you, in L-Town,
where dreams flow freely
and your soul is always open.

That's where my heart is.
Smiling as wide as Clinton Lake.
The only forbidden soul is the
gate to Stull Cemetary.

Still, there is love here.
Though it's interrupted now
by the glitz and the glamour.

Above the mountains
or walking the infinite plain...
I'd rather be walking.

No comments: