Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I keep on talking through hope
as the sirens are singing
I'm nursing a tumor, still unexplained.

I walk a while among the crowd,
my heart as heavy as my belly.
I hide both meticulously behind a scarf.
It wasn't ever my intention
to hide your existence from the world.
I knew you weren't mine to show off.
Our bond is naturally attenuating,
as you grow older all that will remain
between us is an apparition of gray matter.
My passion for you was to not bring you
into this world believing in a broken one.
I was passionate about you believing in love.
Knowing there is a happy grace and the sunshine
is a constant fractal.

I have this vision,
one day when you're all grown up.
You're perched upon a fire escape,
somewhere far away.
It's Moon River you're singing,
I'm singing the same tune.
I will never forget that picture.
I have all the love in the world for you,
even as our faces evaporate into the air
when we think of one another.

To me, you're Dylan 6 inches tall.
But to them,
to them, you are the world Nicholas.
The long stretch of road,
and yes, they're driving all the way
to the horizon for you.

No comments: