Saturday, August 16, 2008

Love Song #2

I don't want to figure it out,
I would like,
if I may to lay alone with you.
You don't have to talk,
just lay by my side.
I know I may lay alone,
with you in my head.
I know what I feel,
I want to lay with you in the flesh.
Though you sit there coldly,
sipping on your tea.
I know a lot is in there,
but you won't tell me.
So I'll smoke my cigarette here
to pass the time.
Maybe see an old friend of mine,
I'll slur my drunken speech
to my guitar I play for you always.
My heart for you is in darkness,
and I'm damn near out of words
to say to you...
I'll stand at your doorstep today,
the word of love is universal,
I will tell you the word today.
But for now I will sit,
and lay alone with you in my head
and think of the word I will say to you.

No comments: