Saturday, August 16, 2008

People-watching, briefly.

As I sit here today, the ones that I see.
A mess of smiles and you without.
We sit there in tranquility,
not a single word spoken
and I begin to think...

They sit there, peaceful.
Foreheads bulging with knowledge.
Some walk, graceful.
An almost airy presence of beauty abroad.
Often with an inner battle,
the angry man grins with pride.
All souls are holy, lonely, and dark.
The few who sleep,
and those forever dimly lit.
Though the awakened overpower the dark,
and in light they dwell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby, these are gems spilling out of your every creative orifice. Please vent always! Devalue the jewels in malls; blood can't spill from penny wage diggers when your words shine brighter than diamonds.

Have you been going to the poetry readings? I wanna see you, chain me along!

Anonymous said...

Pee-Ess: Mariam =P

April Eileen Henry said...

MARIAM!
thanks for the good reviews, you're my first!
I haven't gone again, but this week is go-week.
I'm going back to the Cobalt tomorrow and thursday I'm definitely going to Soapbox Sessions.
I've read about it, and it seems amazing.

COME WITH ME!