Thursday, August 21, 2008

untitled - fall 2006

there is thunder, but no rain.
clouds a rustic dream,
the night, an eerie color
whose wind carries a maniacal feeling.
the marrow of my bones
ache at the sadness of the sky
where gods and goddesses
lament about their power.
measuring strength through each lightning bolt.
while i lay here,
so possessed by the sounds,
a mixture of sighs and darkness.
light,
lightning
where has the magic gone?
the water drops, more violent
souls come in strong on a night like this.
smiles are declined,
but not forever lost.
the leaves shiver,
relying on a mood,
just another day.
it's the same reliance that keeps
this thread untangled.
illusions to keep me company.


his fear lays at the foot of my bed,
so well read and mysterious.
it consumes my mind into a false reality.
no, i don't want to leave you,
i'll carry you with me always.
if somehow i do not return,
you will never be gone.
our emotion is much too strong.

No comments: